East Africa Correspondent
Mike Pflanz covers East Africa for The Christian Science Monitor from his base in Nairobi. Born in Kenya, he grew up in Britain and returned to work in Africa in 2004. Since then, he has reported from 22 countries across the continent, focused mainly on politics, economics, environment and international development.
- Focus Amid growing prosperity, Rwanda's post-genocide generation comes of age
- Focus Rwanda, the world's swiftest genocide
- 20 years after horrors, Rwanda claims rebirth and renewal (+video)
- Nairobi's Westgate mall attack: six months later, troubling questions weigh heavily
- With landmark Kenyatta case in disarray, ICC prosecutor has one last shot (+video)
- View all