East Africa Correspondent
Mike Pflanz covers East Africa for The Christian Science Monitor from his base in Nairobi. Born in Kenya, he grew up in Britain and returned to work in Africa in 2004. Since then, he has reported from 22 countries across the continent, focused mainly on politics, economics, environment and international development.
- Can defeat of M23 rebels foster sustained peace in Congo? (+video)
- M23 ready to drop the gun in East Congo amid hopes for peace (+video)
- Kenya seeks Draconian laws to fine and punish its press corps
- Britain's shadowy 'White Widow' linked to SEAL team target in Somalia
- Failed Navy SEALs raid on Somali target could bolster Al Shabab (+video)
- View all