East Africa Correspondent
Mike Pflanz covers East Africa for The Christian Science Monitor from his base in Nairobi. Born in Kenya, he grew up in Britain and returned to work in Africa in 2004. Since then, he has reported from 22 countries across the continent, focused mainly on politics, economics, environment and international development.
- Kenyan official seeks ally in UN to drop criminal charges against new president
- Donors pledge cash to Somalia to rein in terrorist threat
- Meet the floating plant that has Lake Victoria's economy in a chokehold
- Two Iranians in Kenya found guilty of bomb plots
- New Kenyan lawmakers vote themselves free luxury car perk, worth $60,000
- View all