Follow Meredith Bennett-Smith
Meredith A. Bennett-Smith is the Cover Story intern for The Christian Science Monitor, where she assists with The Monitor's weekly feature packages, as well the day-to-day functions of its brand new parenting blog. She is also a regular contributor to the business, culture and national news sections.
A native Northern Californian, Meredith has a B.A. in English from Cornell University, and a Master of Arts in Journalism from New York University. Before joining the staff at The Monitor, Meredith honed her multimedia reporting skills with stints at PBS FRONTLINE, Newsweek International, the New York Daily News and the New York Times' hyperlocal blog, The Local East Village. She is also a freelance contributor to the Religious News Service, Patch.com, and the Huffington Post, where she comments on politics, religion and journalism through her blog.
In 2011, Meredith received an Excellence in Journalism award from the National Association of Gay and Lesbian Journalists. She is also a John. C. Quinn Scholar, and a graduate of the Diversity Institute's Nashville, Tenn. Multimedia Institute, where it was at times hard to tell what she was enjoying more--the nightly honky tonk country music, or the fabulous video and photography instruction.
- Isuzu SUVs recalled for corrosion include 11,000 cars. Are you affected?
- Independence Day: Do July 4 droughts hurt fireworks sales?
- Pride-themed, Rainbow-colored Oreo stirs up more than milk
- Cars Land: New park hopes to boost Walt Disney Co.'s fortunes
- 'Draw Something' on TV: CBS develops game show based on popular app
- View all