Mark Trumbull joined The Christian Science Monitor in 1987, after majoring in history at Williams College. His current focus revolves around economic issues - everything from the Federal Reserve and the national debt to business and personal finance.
Prior to taking an economic beat in 2005, Mark was deputy National News editor. His earlier assignments in news and features included service as the Monitor's regional correspondent in Seattle.
When not at work, Mark enjoys simple joys like hiking, canoeing, cooking, and helping a stray bat out of the house. He became a Red Sox fan while growing up in Illinois (also rooting for the Chicago teams).
- IRS takes new hit: Report finds agency gave bonuses to tax evaders (+video)
- Smaller share of US high school grads entering college. Why?
- NASA is 'calling all selfies' to create an Earth Day image of the planet
- Ukraine deal aims to stop violence: Can it work? (+video)
- Obama, Biden pitch job training: Do reforms go far enough? (+video)
- View all