Mark Trumbull joined The Christian Science Monitor in 1987, after majoring in history at Williams College. His current focus revolves around economic issues - everything from the Federal Reserve and the national debt to business and personal finance.
Prior to taking an economic beat in 2005, Mark was deputy National News editor. His earlier assignments in news and features included service as the Monitor's regional correspondent in Seattle.
When not at work, Mark enjoys simple joys like hiking, canoeing, cooking, and helping a stray bat out of the house. He became a Red Sox fan while growing up in Illinois (also rooting for the Chicago teams).
- US economy adds 175,000 jobs despite hard winter: Is stronger growth ahead?
- Ukraine crisis: What can US sanctions against Russian elites achieve?
- Ukraine crisis: Global markets catch breath, see glimmer of deescalation
- Obama budget: 4 things to know (+video)
- Obama budget trims deficit, but US debt still huge by history's yardstick (+video)
- View all