Mark joined the Monitor in 1996 and has since written from Boston, the San Francisco Bay Area, the Pentagon, and India. In addition to reporting from Pakistan and Afghanistan during his time in South Asia, Mark has also written on issues of sports and science. He has covered five Olympic Games and attended various events at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory, including the landing of the Mars rover Opportunity.
- MLS deal with billionaire oil sheikh could be bigger than Beckham
- Kepler epitaph? Eight most intriguing finds of troubled telescope.
- Why IRS investigation is already Obama's Watergate – and Benghazi, too (+video)
- Pavlof Volcano ash cloud shows Alaska's threat to air travel (+video)
- David Beckham: What did he do, really, for American soccer? (+video)
- View all