Mark Guarino is a staff writer with The Christian Science Monitor covering the central part of the country, the Midwest in particular. He is based in Chicago.
Past topics covered for the Monitor include: the Gulf of Mexico oil spill, the Katrina 5-year anniversary, the Rod Blagojevich trial, the future of Detroit, the Mississippi River flooding in the Mississippi Delta and Louisiana, the Penn State sex abuse scandal, the Rahm Emanuel campaign and administration, union fights in the Midwest, gay marriage, terrorism, aviation, militias, more. He is also a frequent contributor to the Monitor's culture coverage.
In the past, his byline has run in the Chicago Tribune, Reuters, New York Magazine, the Chicago Sun-Times, Mojo, the New York Times, People and many other media outlets.
- Should 'new GM' be liable for pre-bankruptcy ignition accidents? (+video)
- Murder charges in Kansas City shooting: what's needed to call it a hate crime (+video)
- Jewish center shooting comes amid decade-long slide in anti-Jewish incidents (+video)
- Amid praise for Stephen Colbert, some ask: What about diversity in late night?
- Embattled GM suspends two engineers, asks NASA for help (+video)
- View all