Kristen Chick is based in Cairo and has covered Egypt and the region for the Monitor since 2010. She covered the 2011 uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia, and has reported on the revolution in Libya, protests in Bahrain, and the war in Syria. She has also reported for the Monitor from Gaza and Western Sahara. She received a Fulbright scholarship in 2007, and spent one year studying Arabic in Egypt.
- Third time lucky? Egypt struggles with another constitution
- Twilight in Tahrir: Egypt law aims to sharply curb protest
- Egyptian authorities pave over Rabaa massacre
- Egypt's Christians close ranks as kidnappings spike
- Morsi trial opens new battleground for Egypt's military and Islamists (+video)
- View all