Kristen Chick is based in Pristina, Kosovo, after four years based in Cairo covering Egypt and the region. She covered the 2011 uprisings in Egypt and Tunisia, and has reported on the revolution in Libya, protests in Bahrain, and the war in Syria. She has also reported for the Monitor from Gaza and Western Sahara. She received a Fulbright scholarship in 2007, and spent one year studying Arabic in Egypt.
- Egypt says charging Al Jazeera journalists with terrorism
- Egypt's military rulers face heightened threat from shadowy militant group (+video)
- Egyptian military endorses Army chief Sisi's presidential run (+video)
- Egypt to hold early presidential election, as loyalists rally at revolutionary landmark (+video)
- Cairo blasts send worrisome message on eve of Tahrir anniversary (+video)
- View all