Katherine Jacobsen is a staff writer on the Monitor's National desk. She holds a Master’s degree from Columbia’s Journalism School and a Bachelor’s degree in History and Slavic Languages and Literature from Northwestern University.
Before coming to the Monitor, Katherine was an intern at KUT 90.5, an Austin, TX NPR-affiliate and The Moscow Times in Russia.
- Poll: Millennials turn on Obama, don't like Obamacare, either
- USA Update Brakes weren't the problem in New York train crash, NTSB says (+video)
- New York train crash engineer says he 'lost focus.' But why? (+video)
- USA Update Derailed New York train was going 82 m.p.h. in 30 m.p.h. zone, feds say (+video)
- USA Update Clues sought to fatal train derailment in New York (+video)
- View all