Karis Hustad writes for the innovation and business desks at the Monitor, covering new ideas in technology, start-ups, and privacy, among other topics in the cyber world.
Her work has appeared in the Chicago Tribune, Minneapolis Star Tribune, MPR.org, WCCO.com, ChicagoNow.com, and the Loyola Magazine (among others), and been heard live on Chicago Public Media and WLUW 88.7 FM. Her first piece for the Monitor was filed from Tangier, Morocco, where she studied journalism and Arabic for four months in 2012.
Originally from the Twin Cities, she holds a B.A. from Loyola University Chicago where she studied journalism and sociology.
- 'Nearby Friends' helps find Facebook users in the real world (+video)
- Zynga goes mobile with new FarmVille 2 app
- Project Ara: Google says 'next 5 billion' will build their phones
- 4K TV delivers Netflix like never before. But is 4K worth it?
- Twitter brings analytics firm Gnip under its wing (+video)
- View all