Karis Hustad writes for the innovation and business desks at the Monitor, covering new ideas in technology, start-ups, and privacy, among other topics in the cyber world.
Her work has appeared in the Chicago Tribune, Minneapolis Star Tribune, MPR.org, WCCO.com, ChicagoNow.com, and the Loyola Magazine (among others), and been heard live on Chicago Public Media and WLUW 88.7 FM. Her first piece for the Monitor was filed from Tangier, Morocco, where she studied journalism and Arabic for four months in 2012.
Originally from the Twin Cities, she holds a B.A. from Loyola University Chicago where she studied journalism and sociology.
- Taking page from Disney, Comcast revs up Orlando theme park business (+video)
- Mt. Gox files bankruptcy in US and faces more hacks (+video)
- International Women's Day 2014: Women in tech make strides
- Getty gives away 35 million images for free
- The Bite Chipotle guacamole scare: Climate change means menu change? (+video)
- View all