Jonathan Gilbert is a foreign correspondent in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he mostly writes about politics and the government of President Cristina Kirchner. He has also covered stories in Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, and Venezuela, including the death of Hugo Chávez. He previously worked as a sports reporter in England. He read Geography and Spanish at the University of Birmingham in the UK and has a postgraduate diploma in Journalism.
- As Argentine police stand down, looters step up
- Latin America Monitor Argentina: Will controversial media law help or hinder 30 years of democracy?
- Do Argentine election results ensure an end to Kirchner era?
- Will letting 16-year-olds vote change Argentina?
- Protests against Chevron highlight Argentine energy woes
- View all