Jonathan Gilbert is a foreign correspondent in Buenos Aires, Argentina, where he mostly writes about politics and the government of President Cristina Kirchner. He has also covered stories in Uruguay, Chile, Paraguay, and Venezuela, including the death of Hugo Chávez. He previously worked as a sports reporter in England. He read Geography and Spanish at the University of Birmingham in the UK and has a postgraduate diploma in Journalism.
- Argentina: Will $5 billion payout to foreign oil firm woo more investors? (+video)
- Latin America Monitor Argentina comes clean on inflation – maybe.
- As Argentina's currency plunges, echoes of past financial crises (+video)
- As Argentine police stand down, looters step up
- Latin America Monitor Argentina: Will controversial media law help or hinder 30 years of democracy?
- View all