Jenna Fisher is a correspondent for the Monitor based in Boston.
She was the Monitor's Asia editor, overseeing regional coverage for CSMonitor.com and the weekly magazine from 2010 through 2013.
Prior to the Monitor, she worked at the Utne Reader. She lived and worked in Kazakhstan as a US Peace Corps volunteer, she also worked for an educational non-profit.
Most recently she traveled to Pakistan on a journalism fellowship run by the East-West Center.
Jenna holds a Bachelors of Science from Virginia Tech, where she worked as a reporter for the Collegiate Times and as editor-in-chief of The Woove magazine. She received her master's degree from Columbia University's Journalism School in 2006 with a focus on magazine journalism.
- Difference Maker When Tom McNichol saw swirling trash he launched his Clean Up Boat
- Global News Blog Gunman in Afghanistan puts spotlight on the dangers facing Afghan policewomen
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From lab-grown meat, to solar LED lamps, to Algebra II reconsidered
- Global News Blog India gang-rape deepens concerns over women's safety
- Global News Blog North Korea agrees to restart Kaesong Industrial Complex
- View all