Jason Walsh has been the Monitor's Ireland correspondent since 2009, dividing his time primarily between Belfast, Northern Ireland and Dublin in the Republic of Ireland. During that time he has reported on stumbling blocks in the peace process, the dissident republican threat, pro-British unionist riots, demands for abortion legislation and Ireland's economic crash. He has also contributed to other newspapers including The Irish Times, The Irish Examiner, The Guardian (London), The Independent (London), and is a PhD candidate in philosophy at University College Dublin.
- Briefing Golden Dawn: five things to know about Greece's 'neo-Nazi' party
- Is Ireland turning its back on Guinness?
- New protests, same 'troubles' as riots roil Belfast
- Ireland allows abortion for first time, but at political cost
- Despite fiery all-night debate, Ireland's abortion bill inches toward law
- View all