James Norton is a contributing blogger for Modern Parenthood.
He got his professional start at the Monitor as an online news producer, before moving over to edit international news during the invasion and occupation of Iraq. Since leaving the Monitor in 2004, he has worked as a radio producer, author, and food blogger. At the moment he produces a thrice-weekly videocast for CHOW.com reviewing pop food and edits The Heavy Table, a daily journal of food and drink in the Upper Midwest.
He graduated from the University of Wisconsin-Madison (where he spent a year editing The Daily Cardinal) and has written a variety of books about food including "The Master Cheesemakers of Wisconsin," "Minnesota Lunch: From Pasties to Banh Mi," and "The Food Lovers' Guide to the Twin Cities." .
He lives in Minneapolis with his wife Becca, his son Josiah, and three pleasantly sassy cats: Bartlett, Braeburn, and Nola.
- Modern Parenthood Hour of Code welcomes students into the world of computer science
- Modern Parenthood A six-year-old explains why NASA matters (+video)
- Modern Parenthood Password hack shows why parents need to teach Internet security
- Modern Parenthood Millennials crash-landing: Just like the generations before them
- Modern Parenthood 'The Twelve Days of Paying For an Infant'
- View all