E-mail: Howard LaFranchi
Howard LaFranchi has been the Monitor's diplomacy correspondent in DC since 2001. Previously, he spent 12 years as a reporter in the field; serving five years as the Monitor's Paris bureau chief from 1989 to 1994, and as a Latin America correspondent in Mexico City from 1994 to 2001. LaFranchi has continued to travel as diplomacy correspondent and covered the Iraq War from the Monitor's Baghdad bureau on numerous occasions.Prior to joining the Monitor, LaFranchi worked as the City Hall reporter for the Holyoke Transcript-Telegram. He is a graduate of UC Berkeley Journalism School and has a Masters Degree in Journalism from Boston University.
- Why Afghanistan is nervous about the US troop withdrawal
- Why insider attacks are down in Afghanistan
- New Benghazi testimony in Congress sharply critical of Obama administration (+video)
- US, South Korea put up a tough front, but it doesn't close door to North (+video)
- Syria civil war: This week could be decisive for US involvement
- View all