E-mail: Howard LaFranchi
Howard LaFranchi has been the Monitor's diplomacy correspondent in DC since 2001. Previously, he spent 12 years as a reporter in the field; serving five years as the Monitor's Paris bureau chief from 1989 to 1994, and as a Latin America correspondent in Mexico City from 1994 to 2001. LaFranchi has continued to travel as diplomacy correspondent and covered the Iraq War from the Monitor's Baghdad bureau on numerous occasions.Prior to joining the Monitor, LaFranchi worked as the City Hall reporter for the Holyoke Transcript-Telegram. He is a graduate of UC Berkeley Journalism School and has a Masters Degree in Journalism from Boston University.
- Ukraine crisis: What’s the point of US military activity near Russia? (+video)
- Obama Ukraine proposal: Enough punch to forestall a Russian Crimea? (+video)
- Crisis in Ukraine: After day of Paris talks, a dramatic change in tone (+video)
- US talks Russia sanctions, but would they make any difference? (+video)
- Netanyahu at White House: With clock ticking, Obama reengages in Mideast (+video)
- View all