E-mail: Howard LaFranchi
Howard LaFranchi has been the Monitor's diplomacy correspondent in DC since 2001. Previously, he spent 12 years as a reporter in the field; serving five years as the Monitor's Paris bureau chief from 1989 to 1994, and as a Latin America correspondent in Mexico City from 1994 to 2001. LaFranchi has continued to travel as diplomacy correspondent and covered the Iraq War from the Monitor's Baghdad bureau on numerous occasions.Prior to joining the Monitor, LaFranchi worked as the City Hall reporter for the Holyoke Transcript-Telegram. He is a graduate of UC Berkeley Journalism School and has a Masters Degree in Journalism from Boston University.
- US bars Iran's UN envoy: By pleasing Congress, did Obama hurt nuclear talks?
- Ukraine crisis: US hawks say now's the time for more sanctions on Russia (+video)
- US, Russia plan Ukraine talks even as worsening crisis casts doubt on dialogue (+video)
- Ukraine crisis: US warns Russia of more sanctions over 'saboteurs' in east (+video)
- Middle East peace talks: what will figure into Kerry's 'reality check'
- View all