Fabien Tepper writes for the Monitor's science desk and weekly magazine. She holds a master's degree in Animals and Public Policy from Tufts University, and a bachelor's degree in art from Swarthmore College.
Before coming to the Monitor Fabien was an intern with YES! Magazine and a regular contributor to the Cincinnati altweekly CityBeat. Her work has also appeared in UTNE Reader, SyriaDeeply, The Point Magazine, NationofChange, Truthout, and Resilience.
In 2013 she reported from the frontlines of the Gezi Park Resistance Movement in Istanbul, where she had been studying Turkish. She writes frequently about social movements and human-animal relations.
- Kitty Genovese murder: would you have helped? (+video)
- Europe's most monstrous dinosaur had bird-sized teeth and Lithgovian legs (+video)
- Neil deGrasse Tyson to host new 'Cosmos,' 34 years after Carl Sagan's original (+video)
- The first Americans dawdled on Bering land bridge for 10,000 years, say scientists
- It's International Polar Bear Day. Why are humans so wild about fur? (+video)
- View all