Fabien Tepper writes for the Monitor's national desk. She holds a master's degree in Animals and Public Policy from Tufts University, and a bachelor's degree in art from Swarthmore College.
Before coming to the Monitor Fabien was an intern with YES! Magazine and a regular contributor to the Cincinnati altweekly CityBeat. Her work has also appeared in UTNE Reader, SyriaDeeply, The Point Magazine, NationofChange, Truthout, and Resilience.
In 2013 she reported from the frontlines of the Gezi Park Resistance Movement in Istanbul, where she had been studying Turkish. She writes frequently about social movements and human-animal relations.
- USA Update Thanksgiving storm: Travel is OK, but Macy's parade may lose balloons
- USA Update Rebecca Sedwick suicide: Mother vows to 'crusade' for tougher bullying laws (+video)
- USA Update Thanksgiving Day: widespread sun after a cold, wet mess (+video)
- USA Update Chemist who falsified drug tests in criminal cases goes to jail herself (+video)
- USA Update Scottsboro Boys: 82 years later, redemption from Alabama
- View all