David Grant is a the Monitor's congressional correspondent in Washington, D.C., where he covers Capitol Hill. A native of the D.C. area, David graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in religion and a deep affection for the Middle East. He dreams of taking his other passion, basketball, to the highest court in the land -- that is, the gym above the Supreme Court.
- Chris Christie-Rand Paul tiff on foreign policy reflects deep rift in GOP
- Student loans: Bipartisan reform heads for passage after 81-18 Senate vote (+video)
- Immigration reform: From House Republicans, some sympathy for DREAMers (+video)
- In filibuster deal, a glimpse of how the Senate could actually work
- Senate averts 'nuclear option,' but leaves deeper questions unanswered
- View all