David Grant is a the Monitor's congressional correspondent in Washington, D.C., where he covers Capitol Hill. A native of the D.C. area, David graduated from Virginia Tech with a degree in religion and a deep affection for the Middle East. He dreams of taking his other passion, basketball, to the highest court in the land -- that is, the gym above the Supreme Court.
- Immigration reform will cut deficit, but will that sway skeptics?
- Immigration reform: Senate Republicans on the cusp of buying in? (+video)
- On immigration reform, House GOP plays hardball on 'enforcement'
- Can immigration reform pass? Five senators to watch.
- Its approval rating at new low, Congress plows ahead on immigration, taxes
- View all