Dan has been a reporter since the early '90s, working for Bloomberg News and the Far Eastern Economic Review before going to work for the Monitor in 1999. He has reported extensively from Southeast Asia and the Middle East and among other things has covered the fall of Indonesia's Soeharto, East Timor's independence, the Iraq war between 2003-2008, and the 2011 uprisings in Egypt and Libya. In 2004, the Overseas Press Club awarded him a citation for his "How Al Qaeda lit the Bali Fuse" series for the Monitor.
- Backchannels Afghans are living longer? Yes, but not thanks to NATO
- Backchannels This just in: Totally unbelievable thing is absolutely untrue
- Backchannels Does Iran nuclear deal pave way for Syria compromise? Not so fast. (+video)
- Backchannels Another dubious conspiracy theory that won't die: Lockerbie bombing
- Backchannels What is a loya jirga anyways?
- View all