Dan has been a reporter since the early '90s, working for Bloomberg News and the Far Eastern Economic Review before going to work for the Monitor in 1999. He has reported extensively from Southeast Asia and the Middle East and among other things has covered the fall of Indonesia's Soeharto, East Timor's independence, the Iraq war between 2003-2008, and the 2011 uprisings in Egypt and Libya. In 2004, the Overseas Press Club awarded him a citation for his "How Al Qaeda lit the Bali Fuse" series for the Monitor.
- Backchannels Iraqi government still using bomb detectors it knows are faulty
- UK 'Tea Party' surges, pressuring Tories and Cameron
- Backchannels Are tit-for-tat sectarian killings enough to tilt Iraq back to war?
- Focus 'Provoking peace' in Indonesia
- Backchannels Should use of chemical weapons in Syria be a 'game changer?'
- View all