Middle East Editor
Ariel Zirulnick is the Monitor's Middle East editor, overseeing regional coverage for both CSMonitor.com and the weekly magazine. She is also a contributor to the international desk's terrorism and security blog.
Prior to the Monitor, she was a fellow with the Knight Foundation's News21 program and interned with the Jerusalem Post in Jerusalem and Congress Daily, an Atlantic Media Company publication, in Washington. She also traveled to Berlin in 2011 with the US-German Fulbright Commission as a Berlin Capital Program fellow.
She is a graduate of the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill's journalism school with a second major in international studies, focused on the Middle East. While there, she spent two years as an editor for The Daily Tar Heel, UNC's independent student daily. She also spent a semester studying Middle East politics at the Hebrew University of Jerusalem and doing an independent reporting project on the African refugee community there.
- Global News Blog New poll shows growing Arab trust in regional press
- Terrorism & Security Russia warns of Syria chemical weapons fabrication as US ups involvement
- Terrorism & Security Syrian fighting spills into Golan Heights – and Israel's doorstep
- Terrorism & Security North Korea will talk to South Korea in bid to ease tension on the peninsula
- Terrorism & Security Iraq sees deadliest month in 5 years
- View all