Amanda regularly covers education and politics for the Monitor, as well as variety of other issues. She and her family recently moved to Boulder; before that, she covered the Midwest for the Monitor from Chicago. She and her husband have two young children. In her free time - a rarity with young kids - she loves to read, cook, ski, hike, and spend as much time as possible outdoors and in the mountains.
- College Board changes SAT to look a lot more like ACT (+video)
- Healthy kids: White House proposes school ban on ads for junk food (+video)
- Fast and Furious: 30 years for Mexican in shootout that killed US agent
- Michael Dunn trial starts in Florida: How similar to Trayvon Martin case? (+video)
- Decoder Buzz Chris Christie faces new bullying charges. Are voters paying attention? (+video)
- View all