Amanda regularly covers education and politics for the Monitor, as well as variety of other issues. She and her family recently moved to Boulder; before that, she covered the Midwest for the Monitor from Chicago. She and her husband have two young children. In her free time - a rarity with young kids - she loves to read, cook, ski, hike, and spend as much time as possible outdoors and in the mountains.
- Plan to revamp preschools hits Congress, but price tag is big
- Record number of international students: where they're from, where they study
- US 'report card' for 2013: Student achievement creeps upward (+video)
- Rand Paul, battling charges of plagiarism, blames improper vetting (+video)
- Colorado bill vows education overhaul, but will voters raise taxes to fund it?
- View all