Allison Terry works on the web team at the Christian Science Monitor, coordinating online infographics. She contributes to the culture section and Global News blog, and previously reported and edited for the national news and cover page desks.
Allison received her master’s degree in international media from American University in Washington, D.C. In the program, she focused on international development and the impact of information and communication technologies. Prior to graduate school, Allison lived in Ghana for three years where she served as a Peace Corps Volunteer, working on local health initiatives and training volunteers in gender and HIV awareness. She received her bachelor’s degree in journalism from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Before joining the Monitor, Allison worked for the Investigative Reporting Workshop, National Geographic, and the International Women’s Media Foundation.
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From Syria’s stable center, to Julian Assange’s bio, to tech management
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From a high-tech gold rush, to child brides, to rediscovering faith
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From rethinking foreign aid, to homeless children, to privatized space
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From innovation, to Nigeria’s terrorist struggle, to hot peppers
- Global News Blog Good Reads: From revamping fire policy, to gangs on Facebook, to middle-class causes
- View all