Allison Terry works on the national news desk for the Christian Science Monitor. She previously worked for the cover page desk and contributes to the culture section of the Monitor.
Allison received her master’s degree in international media from American University in Washington, D.C. In the program, she focused on international development and the impact of information and communication technologies. Prior to graduate school, Allison lived in Ghana for three years where she served as a Peace Corps Volunteer, working on local health initiatives and training volunteers in gender and HIV awareness. She received her bachelor’s degree in journalism from California Polytechnic State University in San Luis Obispo, Calif.
Before joining the Monitor, Allison worked for the Investigative Reporting Workshop, National Geographic, and the International Women’s Media Foundation.
- USA Update FBI kills Chechen man during Boston bombing probe: What's known of him? (+video)
- USA Update Oklahoma tornadoes: how you can help (+video)
- Progress Watch Latinos head to college at a record rate, now on par with white students
- USA Update Texas tornadoes: The missing are found, more storms possible
- USA Update Boston bombing suspect reportedly wrote on boat: how it helps prosecution (+video)
- View all