Theme parks and an old prison are top vacation sites
Walt Disney World, Universal Studios, Sea World, and other tourist magnets combine to make Orlando, Fla., an unbeatable travel destination, according to TripAdvisor, the world's largest online travel community, with eight websites. Based on traveler popularity and the opinions of TripAdvisor's editors, Orlando remains the No. 1 attraction in the US in 2007, but there are three newcomers among the company's Top 10, including Manhattan's multifaceted Central Park; Alcatraz, San Francisco's long-retired, maximum-security prison known as "The Rock"; and the dancing waters of Bellagio Fountains at the hotel/casino of the same name in Las Vegas, which put on a show every 15 to 30 minutes. TripAdvisor's Top 10 US attractions
• 1. Orlando, Fla.
• 2. Cirque du Soleil, Las Vegas
• 3. Hana Highway, Maui, Hawaii
• 4. Grand Canyon National Park, Arizona
• 5. Central Park, New York
• 6. Alcatraz, San Francisco
• 7. Top of the Rock Observation Deck, Rockefeller Center, New York
• 8. Monterey Bay Aquarium, Monterey Bay, Calif.
• 9. Bellagio Fountains, Las Vegas
• 10. San Diego Zoo