Nickelodeon's pop culture awards are a slippery affair
Roughly 25 million votes were cast for this year's Kids Choice Awards, which let young Nickelodeon cable television viewers pick their favorite pop stars, shows, books, etc. This year's 20th anniversary presentations, held in Los Angeles at UCLA's Pauley Pavilion, included more than the usual amount of trademark green slime, which traditionally is dumped on some celebrity. Hundreds on stage and in the audience got the treatment. The Kids Choice winners, by category.
• Movie: "Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Man's Chest"
• Male movie star: Adam Sandler
• Female movie star: Dakota Fanning
• Female singer: Beyoncé
• Male singer: Justin Timberlake
• TV show: "American Idol"
• Cartoon: "SpongeBob SquarePants"
• Athlete: Shaquille O'Neal
• Book: "Harry Potter" series
• Most wannabe like: Ben Stiller
– Associated Press