All of these words begin and end with the same letter. You might get a "kick" out of figuring out what they are. If you have trouble, ask your "mom" or "dad" for help. You can even ask your "sisters," if you have some. And a big "wow!" to you if you get them all right. (The answers are below.)
1. You wear these to keep from squinting on a bright day.
s_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _s
2. If something is not loose, it is:
t_ _ _t
3. If you forget things all the time, you may need to find a way to help you do this:
r_ _ _ _ _ _r
4. The capital of this state is named after a bird that rose from ashes – a phoenix!
A_ _ _ _ _a
5. Sometimes this is what a bee does if it feels threatened.
s_ _ _ _s
6. This is short and stout, it has a handle and a spout, and if you tip it over, a hot beverage will come out.
t_ _ _ _t
7. This is a type of cheese that has many holes in it. Some people like to eat it with ham on rye bread. Other people may eat it all by itself.
S_ _ _s
8. This is a swift-running, crested bird of the US Southwest. It is also called a chaparral bird or a chaparral cock, and is often seen in cartoons being chased by a coyote.
r_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _r
9. This is the continent surrounding the South Pole. It is twice the size of Australia. It is covered by an ice cap that is up to 13,000 feet thick.
A_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _a
10. Two days before tomorrow.
y_ _ _ _ _ _ _y