This can be puzzling!
DIRECTIONS: In this puzzle, think of words or phrases that include "can" in them.
1. If you go there, you might visit Ontario, British Columbia, or Alberta.
Can_ _ _
2. You can copy a page in a book using this type of machine.
_can_ _ _
3. This is what the Little Engine That Could said. (8 words)
"_ _ _ _ _ _ _ can! _ _ _ _ _ _ _ can!"
4. You use this to add moisture to the soil around your plants. (2 words)
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ can
5. This man-made body of water cuts across a country in Central America. It has locks and connects the Caribbean Sea with the Pacific Ocean. (2 words)
_ _ _ _ _ _ Can_ _
6. You do not want to light this at both ends. It is made of wax and has a wick.
Can_ _ _
7. This slender boat has pointed ends. You make it move with paddles.
8. This is a light-orange-colored melon with a tan skin.
Can_ _ _ _ _ _ _
9. This is a special dessert made with a particular nut, corn syrup, and a crust. (2 words)
_ _ _can _ _ _
10. When this explodes, it may shoot hot lava into the sky and destroy everything around it.
_ _ _can_
ANSWERS: 1. Canada; 2. Scanner; 3. "I think I can! I think I can!"; 4. Watering can; 5. Panama Canal; 6. Candle; 7. Canoe; 8. Cantaloupe; 9. Pecan pie; 10. Volcano.