Most of us have read, watched, or listened to 'A Christmas Carol,' by Charles Dickens. But how well do you know it?
1. What did Scrooge say in reply to his nephew's greeting, "A Merry Christmas, Uncle!"?
2. What was the name of Scrooge's deceased business partner?
3. On Christmas Eve, what did Scrooge see in place of his door knocker?
4. " 'Business!' cried the Ghost, wringing its hands again. '_ _ _ _ _ _ _ was my business.' "
5. When Scrooge asked the Ghost of Christmas Past what brought him there, the ghost answered: "_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _,"
6. Name any of the other five Cratchit children besides Tiny Tim.
7. To whom did Scrooge say, "I fear you more than any spectre I have seen"?
8. Who said of Scrooge: "I couldn't be angry with him if I tried. Who suffers by his ill whims? Himself, always."
9. What happened to the Phantom after Scrooge earnestly prayed for the opportunity to change his ways?
10. What generous act did Scrooge commission after looking out his window and finding it was Christmas morning?
(1) 'Bah, humbug!'; (2) Jacob Marley; (3) Marley's face; (4) Mankind (spoken by Marley's ghost); (5) Your welfare; (6) Only four are named: Martha, Peter, Belinda, and Tiny Tim. The other two are referred to simply as 'the two young Cratchits'; (7) The Ghost of Christmas Yet to Come; (8) Scrooge's nephew, Fred; (9) It 'shrunk, collapsed, and dwindled down into a bedpost'; (10) He had a prize turkey sent to the Cratchit family.