DID YOU REALIZE YOU SNORE?
It seems like - you should pardon the expression - a dream job: A French agency is offering $10,700 each to monitor the sleeping habits of 28 people over a 90-day period. Oh, the catch? The subjects will be checked by a team of doctors, nurses, and physical therapists round the clock every one of those days. The Institute of Space Medicine in Toulouse is researching the impact of space travel on the human body. The name of the study: Project Bedrest.
SOMETHING LOOKS FISHY HERE
Hmm, thought the guard at a Singapore shopping mall as he alertly noticed water on the floor where it shouldn't have been. Then he spotted what appeared to be a getaway car and jotted down its license number for police. Result: Soh Han Seong was convicted and sentenced to a year in jail for stealing a dozen prized Discus fish worth $70,000 from a display tank. No word on their condition after Soh allegedly dumped them into a refuse bin as he was about to be caught.
Rating top romantic spots for a Valentine's getaway
Looking for an exotic place to spend a Valentine's getaway this year? While there's still time to make your travel plans and rustle up reservations, Portsmouth, N.H-based Hideaways International, which calls itself the premier club for discerning travelers seeking off-the-beaten-path vacation experiences, has announced its list of the world's top romantic hotels and resorts for 2001. In order, they are:
1. Hotel Carl Gustaf, St. Barthelemy, French West Indies
2. Hotelito Desconocido, La Cruz de Loreto, Jalisco, Mexico
3. Orvis Inn at The Equinox, Manchester Center, Vt.
4. Villa Caletas, Jaco, Costa Rica
5. Pangkor Laut, Lumut, Perak, Malaysia
6. Palais Maeterlinck, Nice, France
7. The Caves, Negril, Jamaica
8. Perivolas Traditional Houses, Oia, Santorini, Greece
9. Hotel Cipriani, Venice, Italy
10. Molokai Ranch, Hawaii
- PR Newswire
(c) Copyright 2001. The Christian Science Publishing Society