BOSTON — If you're procrastinating, again, about an important decision, here are 10 questions to help you get started.
1. What am I trying to decide?
2. What are my fundamental objectives?
3. What are my alternatives?
4. What are the consequences of each alternative in terms of achieving each of my objectives?
5. What are the tradeoffs among my important objectives?
6. Do any uncertainties pose serious problems?
7. How much risk am I willing to take?
8. Have I thought ahead?
9. Is the decision obvious or pretty clear at this point?
10. If not, what should I be working on?
(Excerpted from "Smart Choices.")