* Wife, Jo Anne, three children.
* BA from University of Georgia; PhD in American history from Emory University.
* Executive director of the Christian Coalition since 1989, when the organization was founded by the Rev. Pat Robertson.
* Author of book ''Politically Incorrect: The Emerging Faith Factor in American Politics'' (published in 1994).
Now writing a book on the decline of liberalism and the maturation of the Christian right movement.
* Former executive director of the College Republican National Committee.
* Founder of Students for America.
* Member of Board of Directors of the American Conservative Union.
* Has worked on four presidential campaigns and more than a dozen statewide contests, including election of the first Republican senator from Georgia since Reconstruction.