INDONESIAN ARMY WARNS EAST TIMOR SEPARATISTS
DILI, EAST TIMOR — Indonesia's top general said last month's violence in East Timor, when troops opened fire on mourners, was deliberately provoked and vowed to wipe out those trying to break from Jakarta's rule.A government commission investigating the Nov. 12 shooting has been in East Timor for two weeks trying to reconcile divergent accounts. "After it comes up with the results, we will wipe out and uproot the disturbance movement which has tainted the government's dignity," Armed Forces Comdr. Try Sutrisno said yesterday. The Army says 19 were killed. A local governor, Mario Viegas Carrascalao, said at least 100 died.