EDUCATION GOALS OF AMERICA'S GOVERNORS
1. By the year 2000, all children in America will start school ready to learn. 2. By the year 2000, the high school graduation rate will increase to at least 90 percent.Skip to next paragraph
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
3. By the year 2000, American students will leave grades four, eight, and 12 having demonstrated competency over challenging subject matter including English, mathematics, science, history, and geography. In addition, every school in America will ensure that all students learn to use their minds well, so they may be prepared for responsible citizenship, further learning, and productive employment in our modern economy.
4. By the year 2000, US students will be first in the world in mathematics and science achievement.
5. By the year 2000, every adult American will be literate and will possess the knowledge and skills necessary to compete in a global economy and exercise the rights and responsibilities of citizenship.
6. By the year 2000, every school in America will be free of drugs and violence and will offer a disciplined environment conducive to learning.
Adopted Feb. 25, 1990, by the National Governors' Association.