Zimbabwe province quiet after a security sweep

Order prevails and most Army units have been withdrawn from the troubled southern Zimbabwe province of Matabeleland after a two-week security operation, police said.

The operation began after an attack by gunmen on guards at Prime Minister Robert Mugabe's Harare residence June 24. The government later announced that eight soldiers from Bulawayo had been arrested. During the operation several people were arrested and arms were recovered, but there was no violence, police said.

About these ads
Sponsored Content by LockerDome

We want to hear, did we miss an angle we should have covered? Should we come back to this topic? Or just give us a rating for this story. We want to hear from you.

Loading...

Loading...

Loading...

Save for later

Save
Cancel

Saved ( of items)

This item has been saved to read later from any device.
Access saved items through your user name at the top of the page.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You reached the limit of 20 saved items.
Please visit following link to manage you saved items.

View Saved Items

OK

Failed to save

You have already saved this item.

View Saved Items

OK