Pointers for public speaking
Each Toastmaster project has specific objectives to help the speaker become polished. Here are a few of the goals that Toastmasters strive for: * Convince the audience of your earnestness, sincerity, and conviction on a subject you understand. Do through research.Skip to next paragraph
Subscribe Today to the Monitor
* Confront and control any nervousness.
* Organize your thoughts into a logical sequence. Build a speech outline that includes an opening, body, and conclusion.
* Learn the value of gestures and body movement as part of a speech.
* Explore the use of voice volume, pitch, rate, and quality as assets to your speaking.
* Understand your audience and present your message in their own terms.
* Be able to explain abstract concepts by concrete examples and definitions.
* Learn to deliver a speech without notes.
* Avoid common mistakes in word use. Be aware of proper vocabulary and grammar.
* Understand the value of proper articulation and pronunciation.